Eating, Drinking, & Linking!

Well, this was suppose to post at 5:00 this morning. Still said that when I logged in, but it didn't. Sorry for the delay! 

This has been quite the whirlwind of a week. I'm back home and in super spotty internet service for the next week or so. Be on the look out for some post from some of my blogging buddies as I work to try and keep my Dad off his feet. We are up in Kearney, NE where Dad is currently getting his knee replaced.


Between mowing, errands, and grocery shopping, I've been prepping and making a few meals for Dad and I to have on hand, and for him to have once I return back home. One of these recipes is a super easy crock pot meal.

Have I mentioned before that I  L.O. V. E my crock pot? If not, you should know that I do! It gets a good work out during the school year!


Easy Chicken & Stuffing
Picture from The Pursuit of Happiness

Ingredients:
4 thawed chicken breast (if in a pinch, they can be frozen and do just fine too)
6 oz. pkg. Stove Top stuffing mix
1/2 c. sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 c. water
crock pot liners (optional---but simply wonderful!)

How-To
Line crock pot (if you have liners...worth it!)
Lay chicken on the bottom.
Pour package of stuffing on top.
Mix sour cream, soup, and water in small bowl.
Pour on top.
Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Fluff, serve, enjoy!

Click the picture of above for even more pictures.

Be sure to link up your favorite recipes and restaurant suggestions all week long! :)






5 comments

  1. What a great daughter you are! Love the recipe!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well with your Dad. Thanks for sharing the recipe! I printed it out and am sure it will be a go to for the school year! I have never heard of crock pot liners but am very intrigued.

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of crock pot liners but haven't tried them! I use mine pretty often so I should. Hope you are doing ok! I'm thinking about you!

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all goes well for your Dad and he has a speedy and UNeventful recovery! :) How wonderful that he has you to be there for him. Nebraska? We are practically neighbors for a while....am just to the north of you in South Dakota!! :) Don't forget to take care of you, too, while you are taking care of him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your recipe reminds me of this one: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/06/slow-cooker-chicken-cordon-bleu-recipe.html

    We love the cordon bleu - I'll have to try this recipe. It looks yummy!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I also like to reply by email (so you can see my response). Please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings so you can see my reply or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!!