Crockpot Lovin'

Hello friends,

Have you ever had the experience when you go without something, perhaps caffeine, and get jittery? Where you go through with drawls, and your body just seems to revolt against the sudden change in your lifestyle?

The last couple of weeks haven't quite been like that, but it's as close as I can explain to my technology deprivation. I didn't realize how much I've been connected, online, in front of a screen, until I'm suddenly not. I don't have a consistent internet connection at Dad's. My father is old school, and the less screens in your face the better. {Not that I can say that there is too much wrong with that logic.}

Even though I have been a bit disconnected, not keeping up in blog reading as much as I'd like, I have been logging on via my phone and reading all of your comments. I truly have appreciated all of your kind words, kindness, and support. I also appreciate a few of my blogging buddies stepping in and guest blogging for me, Jivey, Amanda, & Joanne! If you have checked out the blogs these ladies' blogs, please click on their names to do so.


Enough of that. Onward to my crockpot lovin' :)

There have been a few times since starting this foodie-linky that I've talked about crockpot liners. A wee bit expensive for my taste, but they are a God-send for those crockpot creations that are notorious for sticking to the sides of the crockpot. I've made many dips, only to forget part way through a party to turn them down or off, and had to let the crockpot soak to get off the caked on remnants.
They can be found at Amazon and some grocery stores. I've found them next to the reynolds wrap, aluminum foil, etc. 




I saw this picture on Pinterest {where else?}

No link just a list of ingredients. So I improvised with my crockpot. 

It's not the prettiest when it comes out of the crockpot, but this concotion tastes pretty darn good and simple. Which is why I left it for my hubby to start up and make while I'm gone. 

Ingredients: no amounts listed, so I just sort of dumped as needed.
Boneless, skinless, chicken breast
bacon
1 can. cream of chicken soup
sour cream
instant white rice, optional
crockpot liners, optional

To Make
Layer as follows:
Chicken, bacon. Combine soup and sourcream, layer on the top.
Cook on low for 5-6 hours, until chicken cut through is done.
Prepare instant white rice as directed on box. Serve crockpot contents on top of rice.

The rice really soaks up the sauce well. It's a rich, tasty dish, super simple and hard to mess up. My favorite kind of recipe! :)

Be sure to link up any recipe or foodie find. I'm still catching up on emails and won't be home until later this week. I plan on commenting on all posts, know I do read up all link ups, I just haven't found a good way to comment and leave a link from my phone!




2 comments

I love comments! I also like to reply by email (so you can see my response). Please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings so you can see my reply or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!!